Friday, October 19, 2007

Just some random China photos...

I'm bored and was going through a lot of my China photos as I'm supposed to be writing an article (more of a photojournal really) on the Three Gorges area for the magazine Focus on Geography. So I just thought I'd post a few photos that won't be going in any article.

This photo is from 2005 and is of a riverbank shipyard about 30 miles upstream from the dam. It will be completely underwater by now, as will the house.












Polished rock steps and sidewalks are very common in China, and are absolutely treacherous when it rains. There is so much polished rock being used in construction and as ornamentation that I really wonder where it all comes from. There must be entire mountains missing in sections of China!


Along the banks of the Yangtze River in Yichang, 20 miles downstream from the Three Gorges Dam. This is where many of the tourist boats tie-up overnight before going through the gorges.

No comments: